This was a busy week. I still continue working on the #100DaysofCode Challenge. I completed the jQuery lesson on freeCodeCamp.com. I completed each section with no serious errors or mistakes. Minor spelling errors continue. This week I worked on document ready function.
Removed an element using the .remove() function
This function removes an element
Used appendTo to move elements with jQuery
Takes HTML elements and append them to another element
Cloned an element using jQuery
Targeted the parent of an element using jQuery
HTML elements inherit properties from a parent.
Targeted the children of an element using jQuery
HTML elements have children. Children inherit parent properties.
Every HTML element is a child of a body
Targeted a specific child of an element using element using jQuery
jQuery uses CSS selectors to target elements
Targeted even numbered elements using jQuery
Target even or odd-numbered elements with a class target
Used jQuery to change the entire page
This is how the entire body fades out.
This is my code for the entire lesson
This week I also looked at the first website I coded last year. I made a few changes. Working on the site for a few hours made me realize I need to brush up on my HTML and CSS. I went back to the lessons in Codecademy.com and made my way to the middle of the HTML and CSS course. Those lessons will be helpful for the first project for freeCodeCamp.com. I will post the completed project on Codepen.io. I am not sure of how long it will take. I am still working on my margins and padding.
I watched a few Git tutorials this week. I know some employers want to see GitHub projects. After I complete my current project I will work on my GitHub account. I will make a later post about my Git experience.
I am still coding daily and still learning more each day. You can check out my daily progress on Twitter.